1. How long will it take to get my room E-design?
You will receive your E-Design Presentation Package via email approximately within (1-3) weeks from our receipt of all needed items (questionnaire, payment, room sizes, photos,). All digital boards will be emailed in a PDF downloadable and printable file.
2. How can we re-design your property without seeing it or meeting you personally?
The advances of technology over the last decade have made things very possible for interior designers to work with clients over the internet. Times are changing and so is the way interior design is performed. To allow Jackie of All Trades to accurately understand your budget, space, needs and the look you want to achieve, we will ask that you to complete a client questionnaire, provide us a rough sketch of the room measurements and photos. We welcome inspiration photos you’ve found online as well. The more info you send the better we get to know you and your style preferences. Jackie of All Trades also encourages a FaceTime or video chat so that we can see the space virtually as well as through your photographs.
3. Can some of my existing furniture pieces be incorporated in the design plan?
Absolutely! Our earnest desire to incorporate your own purchases and special finds is a hallmark of the approach to providing personalized and affordable interior makeovers.
4. If I have an open floor plan and two rooms are combined, which room do I select first?
In this case, we strongly suggest you purchase a design plan for both spaces. Spaces which open into one another tend to feel like a single space, and it’s not possible to truly transform the look without taking into consideration everything your eye sees in its single view. Depending on the sizing of the spaces, the price may of your combined plan may change in your favor. Let's have a conversation about it prior to purchasing, and we can verify pricing needs.
5. Do you work within the budget given to spend on the plan you’ve designed?
Absolutely! We can work within just about any budget. That said, our ability to create a dramatic transformation will be determined by what you’ve set aside for the project. Of course, if you want items from designer vendors only, expect to spend a little more, and alternatively, if you want items from retail vendors only, expect to spend a little less. No matter your budget, your plan may include items such as a new rug, piece(s) of upholstery, occasional tables, lighting, window treatments and wall decor. I can also provide a plan to work on your project in budgetary stages that work for you. Phase 1 may utilize your existing budget, but you could add to the design in another phase as your budget allows.
6. Will I be able to purchase the items directly?
Yes! A number of home furnishing retailers (West Elm, CB2, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Pier One) have established an online presence, enabling us to provide you with a shopping list full of items which you can purchase on your own.
7. Will you make changes to my plan if I don’t like something you’ve selected?
If we’ve missed the mark on an item or two, you may send us your thoughts and we will provide up to three item re-selections at no charge per design plan. If you purchase a full design plan, your purchase also includes one round of adjustments to the overall concept board. So, if the initial design feels too casual, I can tweak it based on your feedback prior to finalizing item suggestions.
8. Once I have my plan, how am I able to ask follow-up questions?
After the receipt of your final E-Design Presentation Package and included re-selection (limit three items per plan), our obligations to one another for that phase of your project are fulfilled. However, if you purchased Deluxe Design Package, you have access to text conversations with me. This is especially helpful when you start shopping for accessories and furniture. You can send me pics, and I'll get back to you ASAP. If you did not purchase the Deluxe Design Package or the Texting plan and you do have additional questions, I am happy to consult with you via email regarding your new design plan.
9. What happens if I wait to purchase an item, and then it’s no longer available?
If something becomes discontinued you can always shop for a similar item but we recommend that before purchasing our service, you wait until you are financially and practically ready to implement a design change. The world of manufactured goods is a rapidly changing one, and there are no guarantees that the item specified today will be available six months from now.
10. Can I purchase a “E-Design Room Package” as a gift?
Definitely! Our E-design room packages are fabulous housewarming, newlywed gifts, and much more.
11. Do you offer any other services besides the “E-Design Room Package”?
Yes! We offer with selecting paint colors, room layouts, and more. Please see our a la cart/services for more information and to purchase.
12. What locations do you offer E-Design services to?
Our online E-Design services are offered throughout the United States. At this time we do not offer online services elsewhere.
Terms & Conditions for E-Design Services:
- E-Design is an online decorating consultation service only. All recommendations are regarded as suggestions to improve the look of your space and not intended for construction purposes.
- Client agrees to provide full information regarding the Client’s requirements for the Project.
- E-Design Client agrees to correspond strictly through online communication. Client also agrees to additional fees of $85/hour for local in-person visits if requested.
- Jackie of All Trades will not be responsible for the means, methods or procedures of construction, fabrication, delivery & installation, or safety precautions in connection with the E-Design project; for the acts or omissions of the contractor or any, subcontractor, supplier or other person performing the work on the E- Design project; or, for any failure of them to meet any schedules or completion dates.
- Jackie of All Trades cannot be held responsible for arranging repairs, replacement or freight claims for purchases made in conjunction with recommendations for the E-Design project.